Fiancé and Spouse Visas

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

Foreign nationals seeking entry into the United States with a K-1 fiancé(e) visa must be engaged to marry a U.S. citizen.  The foreign relative must prove that they have personally met their U.S. citizen fiancé(e) within the two year period preceding the filing of the application.  In addition, the couple must marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s entry into the U.S. in K-1 visa status.


To obtain a K-1 fiancé(e) visa applicants must first submit a Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and then apply for the visa stamp at the relevant U.S. consulate/embassy abroad once that petition is approved.


K-3 Spousal Visa

The K-3 visa permits foreign spouses of U.S. citizens to enter the United States prior to the approval of their green card application.   K-3 applicants must first file Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.  Upon receipt of the I-130 filing receipt, the K-3 applicant may then file Form I-129F petition.  Upon approval of the I-129F petition, K-3 applicants must then attend an interview at the U.S. consulate or embassy, where the marriage took place, to adjudicate the K-3 visa application.  K-3 applicants must demonstrate that their marriage to the U.S. citizen is a bona fide marriage.


The Law Offices of Keith R. Campbell is vastly experienced in working with the U.S. Consulates/Embassies in various countries to assist in obtain K Visas.

© 2019 Law Offices of Keith R. Campbell | Disclaimer
400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 300, Culver City, CA 90230
| Phone: 310-736-3889
59 Main Street, Suite 208, West Orange, NJ 07052
| Phone: 855-636-3889 | 973-436-1599

US Immigration | Jamaica Areas of Practice | New Jersey Areas of Practice | US immigration | Our Team

FacebookTwitterLinked-In Company

Legal Web Design By
Zola Creative Media